TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDING WAIVER OF LIABILITY
“I” means the person completing the registration personally or on behalf of someone else
“Event” means the Bruns Bakery 3rd Annual Donut Float and other associated activities
“Organizers” means Brunswick Heads Bakery PTY LTD (ABN: 47616469571), their directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers and contractors, together with the local government and all public bodies, landholders, sponsors and suppliers in any way involved in the organisation or conduct of the Event
“Participant” means the person participating in the Event, including as a floater, Support Crew member or Volunteer
“Terms” means these Terms and Conditions:
1. I warrant that all information provided to the Organizers is true, correct and complete. Personal information will not be disclosed to any third party.
2. If registering another person to be a Participant, I warrant that I am authorized to do so and that the Participant has read the Terms and agrees to be bound by them.
*3. I acknowledge that any Participant under the age of 18 as of Saturday 16 November 2019 must have Parent/Guardian consent and signature to be able to participate in the Event. If signing on behalf of a Participant under the age of 18, I warrant that I am authorized to do so and that the Participant has read the Terms and agrees to be bound by them.
5. I acknowledge that the Organizers may in their absolute discretion refuse an application for registration.
6. I acknowledge that the registration fee is non-refundable and will be treated as a donation if I am unable to participate in the Event.
7. I declare that I am mentally and physically able to participate in the Event and agree to disclose any pre-existing medical conditions that may affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is required.
8. I understand that I should not participate in the Event unless I am a capable and confident swimmer.
9. I declare that my participation in the Event is voluntary. I acknowledge that any outdoor water activity can involve certain risks in participating in the Event, including but not limited to sunburn, dehydration, drowning, injuries arising from faulty equipment, injuries arising from contact with other participants or wildlife. I accept and assume all risks associated with participation in the Event, including the possibility of injury, death, loss or damage.
10. I acknowledge that there are dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance before or during the Event and accept full responsibility for any injury, loss or damage associated with such consumption.
11. I give consent for the Organizers to provide evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment if I suffer any injury or illness during the Event.
12. I understand that the insurance arranged by the Organizers for Participants in the Event may not cover me for all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
13. I acknowledge that I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions during the Event and that the Organizers accept no responsibility for the loss or theft of any Participant’s belongings, valuables or equipment.
14. I agree to promptly report any accidents, injuries, loss or damage I suffer in during my participation in the Event.
15. I acknowledge that Event communication will principally be made via email. I agree to provide a valid email address during the registration process. If I do not have access to an email address I agree to make every effort to read the updates which will be posted on the Event website.
16. I acknowledge that in accepting these Terms I agree to receive electronic updates via email.
17. I agree to follow any guidelines, rules, directions and instructions issued by the Organizers. I acknowledge that failure to do so may result in exclusion from the Event, in which case no refund will be given.
18. I agree to conduct myself in a safe and responsible manner during the Event, using common sense at all times.
I give consent for the Organizers to collect and distribute event related media including name, photographs, video images, results and interviews before, during and after the Event without further consent or remuneration.
19. I agree that the Organizers may in their sole and absolute discretion delay, reschedule, modify or cancel the Event. If the Event is delayed, modified or cancelled due to reasons beyond the control of the Organizers, including but not limited to extreme weather, material shortage or unsafe water conditions, there will be no refund of registration fees and the Participant will have no claim for damages or loss of any kind against the Organizers.
20. I release and indemnify the Organizers to the fullest extent permitted by law, from and against all claims, actions, proceedings, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses and costs that may result from my participation in the Event.
21. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the Terms and declare that by completing the registration to participate in the Event I agree to be bound by them